A recent post on the ONC blog seeks input on their strategic goal to “Empower Consumers to Better Manage Their Health through Health IT”. Specifically, the ONC asks for input on two questions:
- First, do you agree with the four objectives listed below?
- Second, what specific activities would you like to see the federal government take on? See the bullet points below each objective for some starting ideas of possible activities.
The ONC’s strategic objectives for Consumer eHealth include:
- Objective A. Engage consumers in federal health IT policy and programs
- Objective B. Accelerate consumer access to electronic health information
- Objective C. Foster innovation in consumer health IT
- Objective D. Drive consumer-provider electronic communications